[Zonemaster-devel] IPv4 and IPv6 in the test cases and test results

Patrik Wallström patrik.wallstrom at iis.se
Mon Sep 1 09:03:01 UTC 2014

Hi all,

we have discussed the issue with disabled IPv4 or IPv6 testing. The core of the problem is that each test behaviour regarding a disabled transport protocol is not described in the test cases. So it would be very hard for the framework for the Engine to decide the outcome of each test depending on the availability of a transport. It will probably come down to that we must add these specifics to each test case, and describe the behaviour in the affected test cases. This will now very late in the process change a lot in the test specifications, and each changed test must also be implemented in code. So the question is how we will address this issue, what do you think?

A related issue is how we want to address any disabled tests (disabled from runtime or configuration) - we should probably log the disabled test cases at debug level so that any user can see what test cases were performed and not. We have no behaviour for this today either.