[Dnscheck-dev] Bugfix version: 1.6.1

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Wed Jan 29 15:32:56 UTC 2014

On 29/01/2014 15:41, Calle Dybedahl wrote:

> DNSCheck version 1.6.1 is now tagged on Github. It’s got a couple of
> bugfixes, documentation fixes and one added test (a warning for
> labels with dashes in position three and four but not starting with
> the characters ‘xn’).

Thanks for this fix Calle. I'm trying it out now. I notice that using a
filter to downgrade the level of the NAMESERVER:NOT_AUTH tag, I need
this config:

filters:
  'NAMESERVER:NOT_AUTH':
    - args:
        - ns.ripe.net
        - 193.0.9.6
        - 14.109.in-addr.arpa
      level: WARNING

This means that I cannot generalise this filter for any arbitrary zone,
because the zone name needs to be part of the filter arguments. My idea
behind trying to setup such a filter was that any test of the form below
should pass without errors:

dnscheck --n ns1 --n ns2 --n ns.ripe.net <zone>

Is there any way I can have a wildcard for the <zone> component of the
filter?

Regards,
Anand