[Dnscheck-dev] Filter not working

Calle Dybedahl calle at init.se
Tue Jan 28 07:33:25 UTC 2014

On 27 jan 2014, at 19:33, Anand Buddhdev <anandb at ripe.net> wrote:

> However, I have noticed that DNSCheck gives different results for tests
> over IPv6. Instead of NOT_AUTH, it reports:
>
> NAMESERVER:NO_UDP ns.ripe.net;2001:67c:e0:0:0:0:0:6;14.109.in-addr.arpa
> NAMESERVER:NO_TCP ns.ripe.net;2001:67c:e0:0:0:0:0:6;14.109.in-addr.arpa
>
> It's the same server (ns.ripe.net), giving the same SERVFAIL response
> for that zone, over both IPv4 and IPv6, but DNSCheck appears to be
> classifying the errors differently. Do you know why this is the case?

No, and I don’t really see how that happens. The code paths leading to those messages don’t care what kind of address they get. Can you give me information so I can try running a problematic test myself, or send me the whole log of a problematic run with —raw and —debug?

--
Calle Dybedahl
calle at init.se -*- +46 703 - 970 612